Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Image Counter

Hello,

I'm using this slider dynamically and it's giving the wrong total slider number. It says 1507 images, when there are only about 20.

Is there a way to display only the active sliders total images rather than all that are the search page?

One other question - what do you suggest is the best way to move the slider counter so it's just above the caption (inside the image)?

Comments

• edited January 2017

You'll have to group images, the documentation covers how to do that:

http://frescojs.com/documentation/#usage_groups

ui: 'inside' might be what you want for the layout, it requires Fresco Pro.

http://frescojs.com/documentation/#usage_ui

• Group Images worked perfectly. Thank you!

UI Inside is close, but I have additional elements that will overlap if I use it. (I'm doing buttons and a title in html)

Is there another way to do the slider counter than just making everything use ui: 'inside' ?

• edited January 2017

No, you can't combine those layouts. You could write your own position indicator and push that into the title, set position:false to hide the default one.

Seems easier to keep the default one, it won't be in the way. With the default ui: 'outside' nothing overlaps the image, that's intentional so you'll never have parts of an image you can't see.

• edited January 2017

Okay, Thank you!

What's the easiest way to change the slider count to slider_count -1?

I added this to flexslider, and they have a function:

start: function (slider) { // Fires when the slider loads the first slide
    var slide_count = slider.count - 1;
    }

I'd guess that's what throws the count off.

• edited January 2017

I don't know, you'd have to ask the author of that plugin if you want to modify something about it.

The position indicator in Fresco reflects the order in the DOM.

• edited January 2017

I want to modify fresco so it starts 1 slide before default.

I know it's unconventional - But rather than changing their slide, which already displays the first image - It will probably be easier for me to just start frescojs -1 slide before default.

• edited January 2017

Fresco's order mirrors the order in the DOM. If that plugin doesn't show the first image in the DOM as the first one I recommend changing that plugin so it gets the order right as well.